Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thougts on Nehemiah and living downtown.

So, I have been asked if I have second thoughts about living downtown after we have been broken into four times in two weeks (shed and truck, not our building). And the truth is, that it really bums me out that what we have worked hard for seems to be easy for someone to decide they need it more and vandalize and take what is not theirs. But, honestly when we moved to Augusta we felt like God had specifically called us to live, work, support and be a part of downtown Augusta. God moved us out of our "safe and soft" life to that sometimes doesn't feel so "safe and soft". It might be a stretch but I am feeling a little like Nehemiah and feel like we are facing opposition. The lessons I need to learn is to respond like Nehemiah. Respond with prayer. Pray for the opposition not that it be taken away, but that God's work to be vindicated. Then we need to be wise and pair our prayers with action. Maybe a light for our lot would be a good way to provide some protection. Then continue to pray and have a bold response. " Do not be afraid. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses." (Nehemiah 4:14) I'm not sure what that "fight" looks like. But, I know it involves staying where we are and being part of the neighborhood and city that God has called us to.

1 comment:

agirlinawhirl said...

Kathy, come look at my blog today. It pertains to this subject.