Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vintage quilt squares.


My friend Margaret Gettis sent me these quilt squares. They were her husband's grandmothers, she asked me if I could make them into a quilt for her. I love to do this kind of thing, so I said "yes." I trimmed the blocks, and I sashed them so I could cut them all to the same size. It turned out pretty well.


I had a hard time trying to find a solid 1930's fabric to sash the blocks. So, while I had the blocks out at the Aiken Quilt Shoppe several of the quilters offered their ideas. One of them was this blue polka dot. I think it was a great choice. Then I added the pink floral 1930's border. I will probably quilt it with an all over stipple. I hope that they like it. I enjoyed putting it together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous--hard to tell the blocks are different sizes from the picture. I would have never noticed if I didn't know you were doing it that way. Deb

Mullismayhem said...

Woo Hoo! I do think that that was the best idea. Thanks for letting me bounce it off of you. ~kathy