Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ahhh allerigic reactions.

I was on my way to gym this morning and had an allergic reaction. I felt my face flush and my ears started to itch, then it happened again. I got to the gym and went to the bathroom to see if I was breaking out in hives. No hives, but a blotchy red face and bright red itchy ears. I called Robert and told him I was headed home and that I did not have my phone. When I got home I took 50mg of Benadryl and Zyrtec. That helped a little, then I started to feel a little panicky so I used my Epi pen. That helped almost immediately. Whew! However, I just felt bad, so I went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours. I woke up with an Epi head ache, but I was much better. Things I learned, take ID to the gym, if I would have had mine I probably would have gone to the E.R. I always have Benadryl on hand, but maybe it would be a good idea to have liquid Benadryl as it would have absorbed faster. And, last but not least make sure that your Epi pens are in date. Mine expired in January, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. And it worked yea! Never a dull moment at the Mullis house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I hope you are ok, and feel better. :(

Love.