Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Katie quilts her quilt.

Saturday Katie quilted her t-shirt quilt. She did a really great job on the whole quilt. She had never sewn before this class, and look she is the first one to finish. Yay Katie. T-shirt quilts are great places to start. The squares are big and there are lots of long straight lines. The very first quilt I finished was a t-shirt quilt for Megan's graduation. I was hooked after that. I love to make t-shirt quilts. You get a glimpse into peoples lives and interests. It's a lot of fun.

Katie at the quilting machine. She was a little nervous to start, but she got the hang of it and did a really great job.

Holly sewing her rows together. Woo hoo!

The finished quilt, before being trimmed. Next time we meet Katie will sew the binding on.

Notice there is natural light from all the windows. yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really a beautiful quilt. Another you might want to look into are the memory quilts from Ticche & Bea

Mullismayhem said...

Thanks, but I really love making memory quilts myself. I hve made quite a few both for myself and others.
kathy