Thursday, November 1, 2007

100 things.

I read somewhere that on your 100th post, it was tradition to make a list of 100 things about yourself. I actually made this list a couple of years ago and just revised it for 2007.

1. When I feel sad or sick I take hot bubble baths, which I think cures just about all that ails you.
2. I still get goose bumps when Robert kisses me on the neck.
3. I like to read, but I read slowly so sometimes it feels like work.
4. I have never read a book twice, but I think I might this year.
5. I love to be creative in quilting or painting, but I do not feel confident in either.
6. I love the pinks and yellows of a cloud filled sunset. I imagine Jesus stepping out to call me home.
7. I sometimes still miss talking to my Mom so much it brings tears to my eyes.
8. I like to sleep in one of Robert’s shirts when he is away.
9. I feel like God has blessed my socks off when I think of Robert, Megan and Drew.
10. I have been to Kyrgyzstan, Ireland, England, Mexico, Guatemala, Singapore, Azerbaijan, Germany, Indonesia and Kenya. Pretty amazing considering I used to cry when I got on a plane.
11. I do not have any house plants.
12. I would like to sail.
13. I think some songs are just better at a LOUD volume.
14. I love to seemy friend's and family's numbers come up on caller i.d.
15. I enjoy seeing Megan and Drew as friends and not just siblings.
16. I can’t sleep with the closet door open.
17. I love having my adult children as friends.
18. Sometimes when I am mad at one person I take it out on another.
19. Having my dog Tallulah sitting on the bath mat while I am taking a bath makes me happy.
20. I love to touch fabric.
21. Quilting and painting are always more fun with friends.
22. I am a good listener.
23. I am terrible at keeping a surprise, a surprise.
24. I think I would like to have been a pioneer wife.
25. I can be judgmental.
26. I share the same birthday date as my Dad and my friend Bliss.
27. I have a secret box with a few items from my childhood.
28. I love the beach, but prefer to swim in a pool.
29. I like the mountains.
30. I miss the west, but when I am there I miss Georgia.
31. I have been blessed with a few great and deep friendships.
32. I want to learn to dance.
33. If I could learn to play an instrument it would be the drums, which would be hard as I have no rhythm.
34. I still keep in touch with my best friend from third grade.
35. I have had sex with Robert in almost every vehicle we have owned.
36. I’m a little obsessed with blogging.
37. I like thunder storms.
38. I love having a red kitchen.
39. I have a love hate relationship with Petsmart.
40. I sometimes wish I was more of a girly girl.
41. It makes me smile that Robert and Drew have the same shaped lips.
42. Sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror I see my Mom.
43. I am a rule follower, they make me feel safe.
44. I am so glad that I played with my kids.
45. I am shy until I get to know you.
46. I am a procrastinator.
47. I wish I was organized.
48. I tell my kids to wear sunscreen, but I do not practice what I preach.
49. I am glad I know how to drive a stick shift.
50. It hurts my heart when people take the Lord’s name in vain.
51. I am a morning person.
52. It is hard for me to confront people.
53. When my nails grow long they curl under.
54. I prefer beer to wine.
55. I like to read in the bath tub.
56. I own and ride a motorcycle, which makes my kids angry because I worked as a rehab nurse and called them “donorcycles”.
57. I would like to retire from nursing and own a quilt store.
58. I have grown my bangs out to the same length as my hair, I don’t ever remember not having bangs.
59. I prefer vanilla to chocolate.
60. I love coffee.
61. I hate to be late.
62. Gifts from the heart make me cry, like the scrapbook for my 40th birthday and the painting Megan painted for me and the book Megan and Drew gave me for my birthday this year.
63. I loved serving in Kyrgyzstan with my family in 2005.
64. In the 27 years we have been married I have not always been in love with Robert, but love him so much now it sometimes takes my breath away.
65. Breakfast in bed in one of my favorite indulgences.
66. I hope we never have a fire, because I don’t know what I would try to save.
67. I love to shop for clothes with Megan, but not so much for myself.
68. I do not consider myself a leader.
69. I used to love the Denver Broncos and now I love the Georgia Bulldogs.
70. I was born in Roswell, New Mexico, “the Roswell”.
71. If I had more cabinet space I would have lots of dishes.
72. Fall is my favorite season.
73. I am impatient.
74. I would like to own a convertible, but for now rolling down my windows will have to do.
75. I am afraid of heights.
76. There is nothing better than laughing or crying with a good friend.
77. I like to play cards or dominoes, but don’t get to play either very much anymore.
78. I bite my nails.
79. I love the sound and smell of the ocean.
80. I don’t like scary movies, they really scare me.
81. I love a good practical joke.
82. I got married when I was seventeen.
83. I like to bake, and I grind my own flour.
84. I have nativity sets from Kyrgyzstan, Ireland, Guatemala, Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, Paraguay, Mexico and Kenya.
85. I would like to take a photography class.
86. I wish I had black and white pictures of my children.
87. I love sounds of the saxophone and the trumpet.
88. I like to listen to books on tape in the car.
89. I wish I was taller.
90. I go to the movies to be entertained, not made to think.
91. I was more politically informed with last election than ever before.
92. I love Mexican food.
93. I love my Bible and take notes in it. It is hard for me to buy a new one.
94. I hate to fill my car up with gas.
95. I love Christmas letters and pictures.
96. I am addicted to home improvement shows.
97. I stick out my tongue when I am concentrating.
98. I have a terrible sense of direction, which is a big joke with my family.
99. All in one day I can wonder if I will ever gorw up and how come I feel so old.
100.It was more fun making this list than I thought, as I am really not a list person.

No comments: