Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Last year it finally dawned on me that it is not wise for me to have a live tree with all of my allergies and asthma. I'm congested and miserable the whole time the tree is in the house. So, this year we bought an artificial tree. It is quite a change after 26 Christmases of finding just the right live tree. There are some advantages, like no watering, no pine needles to vacuum, and it already had lights on it. So, with Christmas music playing and a pine scented Yankee Candle burning we hung all our ornaments on the tree, talking about memories of Christmases past. It was fun to hang my new Nativity quilt by the tree. Finding a space for all or even most of my Nativity sets is proving to be a challenge. The Willow Tree one is in the background on the bookcase. I do love that set and will probably leave it up after Christmas is over. I can't wait to get the lights on the house. Nativities and Christmas lights make me smile.

No comments: