Monday, November 5, 2007

Quilt Guild.

Tonight I went to Pieceful Hearts Quilt Guild, in North Augusta. At first I felt nervous and lonely. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to stay. It made me miss my friends and I wished they were here to go with me to the guild meeting. However, the women were very friendly, and most of them made sure to meet me. One of the members, Betsy sat next to me filled me in on everything that was going on. It was fun. They talked about the Christmas party which would be the December meeting, bring a covered dish and an ornament. Several of them said I should be sure and come. They finished the business part of the meeting, then they had show and tell. Which of course I loved. As, I got to see several quilts and bags and a jacket the the members had finished. Then there was a demo on making an ornament. All in all I found the group warm and easy to talk to. So, I joined and I am looking forward to going to the Christmas party next month.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I wanna come! I need quilting friends. It's not the same when you do it in the basement by yourself. :-(