Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's mostly her fault.


A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a couple of my friends started me quilting. I was a cross stitcher and had resisted quilting for a long time. Just before we moved to Georgia I went to a quilt retreat with Pam, Connie, (the main culprits) Carrie, Kathy and someone else whose name I can't remember. They got me started on a quilt made with Aunt Grace fabrics that I finished 5 years later. That and a T-shirt quilt for Megan's High School graduation got me enjoying quilting. Fabric therapy sessions with my friend Debbie and later with my friend Beth really got me hooked. (actually I think Beth would say I got her hooked) Anyway, Connie has a pattern company and a shoppe in Windsor, Colorado. She gave me some of her valuable time at market and answered "any question I wanted". And gave me some great advice and encouragement.
Pictured left to right Carrie (Connie's daughter), Connie and myself. Connie's booth looked just like I thought it would. Adorable, warm and friendly just like her. Thanks Connie it was great to get see you and hug you and bend your ear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHHHHHH! I want to be there too!!! How fun that you got to see Connie and Carrie!!

Hugs,
Pam

Mullismayhem said...

it was sooooooo great to get a Connie hug!!!! Come next year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me quilts and letting me not be a quilter! Love you!

Mullismayhem said...

oh, i'm still holding out that some day you will want to quilt too!