Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend.


My Dad came for a visit for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a leisurely turkey day. The arrangements at our house is Robert cooks the turkey on the grill and is responsible for baking the ham as well. I get to do all the "fixins". This year, like last Megan came over and helped. It is fun to cook with Megan. On Friday, my Dad took us to Sam's and we bought 85 boxes of flooring for the shop. Oh, boy more work to do. After my Dad left, Robert worked on the veranda, and I finished one more of my for pay t-shirt quilts. Saturday, I had to go to work. Bummer, another long weekend that was not a long weekend. Then as tradition holds we decorated our tree. We also watched Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers. I'm not sure why we feel like the Lord of the Rings trilogy is something we should watch around Christmas time. One of the dilemmas for us this year is the annual Christmas picture and letter. We haven't taken the picture yet and I haven't even started the letter. (which is stress Megan out a little) This is different for us as I usually have the picture in mind early in the year and taken long before now. And the letter usually goes out the first weekend of December. *sigh* Well it looks like this year will be different.

No comments: