Monday, October 22, 2007

Hanging pictures, quilts, and curtains.

Today was a day of continuing to make this place home. Robert and I went to Lowe's and got stuff to make a picture rail. We had one in Alpharetta and I really like it. There is a great place in the entry for it. I'll post a picture when it is done.
Robert's Grandmother painted the two big pictures. The one with the snow is my favorite of the two. She started painted in her sixties.
You can't really see it, but we added sheers to the window/doors. I like the soft light and it hides the not so beautiful doors.

And the stained glass Robert made years ago, fits nicely in the transom.


Here is a great place to hang some of my smaller quilts, including the seasonal ones.
This one is a recreation of our refrigerator.



Looking toward our bedroom.
The round wooden plaque also belonged to Robert's grandmother. It says "My kitchen is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy."
The boy in the velveteen rabbit print reminds me of Drew when he was little.




Last, but not least Drew finally got some curtains. Black out curtains of course.
So, now our bedroom and bathroom is the only room with brown paper still on the windows.


We are making progress.

No comments: