Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rainy days and Wednesday.

It start raining last night and has rained off and on all day. Look we even have puddles.
HALLELUJAH!!!!!
My dogs do not really like the rain, but we really need it. I tired to tell them that a little rain won't hurt them, but they weren't buying it. So, no long walk to the riverwalk for them today.

Since, I'm not working and could be home on a rainy day I did some cooking.
I made pimento cheese for lunch. We just needed some mint sweet tea and we would be real southerners. (It did have a jalapeno in it for a little southwest kick) Then I made stew and rolls for dinner. Yum.
And though they don't look that great I made some honey cookies for dessert. The dough was really "runny" and not doughy at all. I added 1/2 cup more flour, but they were still pretty spread out and flat. When I took them off the baking stone they smushed together. They taste good and I'm sure they will be eaten, but they are not the prettiest cookie I have ever baked.

No comments: