Saturday, December 1, 2007

Not that there is not enough tile to be laid here.....


Beth and Don have redone their kitchen. Complete with painting walls and cabinets. They had new counters installed and the old back splash torn down. So, Robert volunteered to help, as they have helped and helped and helped at our place.
I think it also feels good to be working on someone's projects besides ours for a change.
You go for it Mr. accountant!

Finished with putting the tile on the wall. Grouting the tile is up to Beth and Don.
Beth and I actually helped some too. But the truth is that with the stove in the middle of the floor there is really not room for four butts. (you'll have to ask about the children's book we thought up, something like One butt, two butts, red butts, blue butts.........) But I digress....the tile and the whole kitchen is beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Kind of reminds me of the tile I tried to get for the backsplash in our kitchen...

Beth said...

I really do want to write that book - how appropriate since we are so fond of saying we have one brain and 3 butts between us! "...Fast butts, slooooow butts, here comes 'No Butts'!" I can see it now... (with apologies to Dr. Suess.

Thanks so much for helping! It's beautiful and it is no understatement to say that we couldn't have done it without you and your butts.

The stove is still in the middle of the kitchen but it is hooked up (so I only got out of cooking a couple of times. Drat). Don is going to help finish the grout today (I have two scabbed knuckles and REALLY DRY SKIN.) so hopefully we will get it put back together today or tomorrow.

Love you guys!
Beth

Unknown said...

Wow! I thought their kitchen was already wonderful before! Mine looks shabby in comparison. I can understand enjoying working on someone else's project!