Saturday, December 8, 2007

Motorcycle ride to Charleston.

Robert and I went to Charleston today on our motorcycles. It was a great day for a ride. Charleston is 144 miles from our house in Augusta. I think it would be a nicer overnight kind of trip, however it was the first annual Augusta tree lighting and we were meeting friends for dinner, so we needed to be home by 5:45p.m. It a great ride though pretty much straight roads. It was still good to go for a long ride with a destination in mind. (I think Beth and Don need to come to Augusta and we can all ride to Charleston for a retreat weekend) While we were in Charleston we checked out a quilt store. People, Places and Quilts. It is in a corner grocery store in the historic part of Charleston. Nice shop with some nice helpful ladies. The owner owns a shop by the same name in Summerville S.C. where my friend Pam Williamson is from. Pam is one of the people who got me started quilting. I have actually been in that shop with her in Summerville, long before I was a real quilter. Funny how things change. Anyway, we had some great she crab soup and drove like the wind back home. We rolled into Augusta at 5:30p.m. just enough time to put up the bikes and grab cookies for the open house at The Well. (Which is our church.)



Then off to the tree light and fireworks. It was a nice yet warm evening. I took a coat that I carried all night. Then we all went to the Pizza Joint for dinner. It was a good time, making some new friends.
I would like to say that only in Augusta, do you have James Brown lit on the wall, at the Chirstmas tree lighting and not baby Jesus or a star.

No comments: