Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hot and humid days and Wednesdays.

Tuesday at work was a light day, even with three add on blood transfusions, we had time to have a real lunch and were done in the infusion room by 2:00p.m. Today as I was getting ready for work and running a little late, I thought "okay it is Wednesday be prepared for it to be a rough day". Sure enough I get to work and there are 22 patients on the schedule and by 9:00 we have added three more and we are short one nurse who is having to work on the clinic side and one nurse is having to help out in the lab. So, needless to say no lunch and I really did not sit down to chart until 3:30p.m. As the day progressed we all get a little more prickly. Which is a bummer for the staff and the patients. A couple of times I wanted to cry. So, I prayed simple arrow prayers for strength and peace and a good attitude. I'm thankful that God answers arrow prayers. I emailed Robert and about dinner, because my feet were killing me and I did not want to face cooking. Robert, Megan, Drew and I got to go to Mexican at Theresa's we had a good time laughing and talking. (the margarita helped me attitude and my feet) Then we get to community group and once again God lifts my spirit and blesses me with Himself in the midst of our community group. So, though I am tired, and it is way past my bedtime, my spirit is lifted.

No comments: