Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today felt like a really productive day.

I started the day off finally finishing the painting in the office break room. Then I got the wooden pieces of Beth's mural "mudded" so she could paint them without the groves where the wood didn't quite line up. I also got the last "I" beam in the classroom painted red. It was good to feel like I actually finished a couple of things. Robert diligently worked on his list as well. He got the molding up in the kids area. It is part of the old wood from the building that he cut down into 1x2's. I love it .
He also got the corrugated tin on the counter. And the wood one the windows outside that were missing the middle pieceand the windows caulked. So, no more breezes blowing the curtains. Yee Ha.

Here's the counter with the tin, on it I really like it. I want the shop to have some antiques and some urban looking pieces in it as that's really a mix of who I am or who I am becoming an antique in an urban setting. I still have to figure out the top of the counter. We also found out that we need to get our shelving units out from where we were storing them, so we did some rearranging to try to figure out where all of them are going to go.

I only have one widow on the Telfair side left to scrape. Hallelujah! The curtains and the clean windows make me smile. Which is a nice off set as the scraping was making me curse.

No comments: