Saturday, January 5, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to get my hair cut.

I was turning onto Broad street at about 2:55p.m. (my appt was at 3:00) And an old woman put her hand out and stopped me. She motioned for me to roll down my window. So I did. (not the brightest moment in my life) She asked me if I could give her a ride to Walmart. I told her I had an appointment to get to, so she unlocked the door and got in. I will say that I was amazed at how quickly she had the door unlocked and was in my car. I asked her which Walmart and after about 5 times I finally understood her to say Deans Bridge. (which is not close) So, I asked her if my husband could take her and she said yes. I called Robert and he graciously agreed to take her, so I could go to my appointment. I called Robert after I was done with my hair cut and he told me I owed him BIG. Not, only did he take her to Walmart, but she told him that she needed him to buy her a pair of pants as well. So, he walked around Walmart with her and finally found her a pair of pants. She then told him she could take the bus home. He probably spent more than an hour taking, buying and returning home. God bless him.

1 comment:

Build said...

I read good one. thanks and happy new year!