Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Sunflower quilt expirement.

I made this small sunflower quilt this fall, I really love the colors and the difference in the sunflowers. I wanted to attempt to make it into a larger scale wall hanging, with just one sunflower. I took the pattern over to Beth's and we projected it onto the wall. At a much larger scale.


Here is the difference in the scale of the sunflowers.













Here is the finished project. I like it, but I wish I would have put a small red border around it. I think that is one of the things that makes the smaller quilt "pop".

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I like it, but you're right the red would have made it pop. Miss you.

Gail said...

Spectacular! I do love the color combination of the small quilt. It really makes the sunflowers the focal point. sure do miss you. Gail