Monday, January 28, 2008

Working in oncology.

I found out today that one of my favorite patients died. He was a 60 year old man who rode a motorcycle. We started talking about it because he was wearing his biker do rag to chemo. We compared bikes and talked about favorite places to ride. We were supposed to go for a ride together when he got better.................I am sad for his family and for those of us who got to know him during his brief time at the cancer clinic, but he was a follower of Jesus so I know I will get to see him again. It, really brings home the change to me, I'm not a pediatric out patient healthy child elective surgery nurse anymore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure it is more difficult, but the fact that he was there a short time and you knew he was a believer...and I'm sure he knew you are...means that you are having such an impact at a critical time. If faced with such a problem, I know I would hope to be ministered to by one like you. You are God's hands to those who hurt. Bless you.

Mullismayhem said...

Thanks, Susan.
I miss you,
kathy