Sunday, July 29, 2007

Commuting.

When Robert and I first looked at the building in Augusta he asked me if I would work full-time while he finished the renovations. I said "yes." It is the least I could do. It however was harder to find a job than I thought. I don't know if it is because I have been out of the hospital for 7 years or if I have 20 years of experience and they don't want to pay me for that. I feel like I have been open and willing to go back to the hospital. I am teachable and willing to learn. The one thing I don't want to do is work nights. I feel like I have done my time and it really messes up my body clock, so I don't want to do that. So, I kept my job with Children's and my boss was willing to bunch my days together so I could commute and stay with friends. The week after we moved to Augusta I got a job with Medical College of Georgia as a float nurse in the Ambulatory Care Clinics. I work here Monday, Thursday and Friday and in Atlanta Tuesday and Wednesday. I will do that for two more weeks. It has been good and bad. Good because I like my job in Atlanta, I get to stay with friends and it gets me out of the construction for a couple of days. Bad because I am living in two places and it makes it harder to let go and be in Augusta. And it is really tiring. I am listening to some books on tape so that helps the long boring commute on hwy 20. Two more weeks and I will cut my commute down to 4 miles round trip. I think I would like to get a bicycle and try that for my mode of transportation.

No comments: