Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mornings.

Today I didn't want to get out of bed when the alarm went off. In fact I stayed in it for almost 40 minutes. That really throws things behind. It was much lighter out when I walked the dogs this a.m. Walking the dogs in the morning is a good time to pray. I see a few people out at this time of the day. There is a man who sits on his porch and yells out to my "dawgs". I wave, and pray. I always walk to Megan's block, though there is never a light on in her house that early. I pray for her and my family. Our friends the Hoover's have a new baby and so I always look for a light on in their window. Marit and I were on the same schedule for awhile, but the last two mornings the light hasn't been on. I'm sure Ellen is thankful for some more sleep. Another opportunity to pray. I am thankful for this walk most mornings. Even on days I drag my feet getting out of bed. So, tonight I am going to bed early so I can be up on time.

No comments: