Monday, August 13, 2007

The roller coaster of emotions.


Well, I don't have to commute to Atlanta anymore. Again that is good and bad. I left a job I love, and people I love for a new job. I'm trying to remind myself that it is a stepping stone to opening a quilt shop, and hopefully another job I will love. I left the surgery center with laughter and tears. I made myself a going away quilt of Children's t-shirts that I had my friends sign, so it is like a hug when I nap under it. I was surprised with a scrapbook that they made of the people and things of Meridian Mark Surgery Center, it me laugh and cry all over again. It was a good thing that Drew was with me on the way home and could drive. :-)
I am getting to know people at my new job a little better which is nice. There are a couple of ladies that go out of their way to help me and be kind. That has made a difference this week.
There is so much change in our lives right now, that this weekend I painted my kitchen.......RED which will be the third red kitchen that we have had. I do love a red kitchen! It helped to make it feel like home. Still no pictures though until it is all done. Maybe next weekend. One minute I am happy and content and the next sad and lonely. I will be glad when I level out some. I still think that this is the right move for us. The lesson I think I am learning once again is, that even though it is right, doesn't mean it will be easy. (thanks Don and Cara for reiterating that to me) Yes, LORD I listening!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I'll be praying for you! I know somewhat what you're going through and have days when I'm really lonely too - I miss my friends the most! Even though I didn't get to see them often, for the truly close ones, it was never like a day had passed when I did get to see them again. The Lord is good and I have found that on days when I'm really lonely, I just spend time talking to Him, thanking Him for what He's done in our lives and then just pouring my heart and lonlieness out to Him. It never fails that on that very same day, a note will come in the mail, or an email, or even a new friend will stop by and say hello. Hang in there. The Lord is good and His mercy endures forever!